Wednesday, October 19, 2016

34/52: gorgon

I've been meaning to tell you
about the dream I had
where I came upon you
in a cave
by the sea.

You seemed to hiss, Whassup?
But I was fixed in place, like stone
when I saw the hoses coming out of your head
like snakes
but not.

They were, without a doubt
lengths of garden hose
raggedly cut off at random forearm lengths
writhing and twisting
in the wind
well, I would have said the wind
if there had been wind.

You looked like a high school mythology project
dreamed up on a Sunday night before it was due.

We walked out among the rocks,
rocks that looked strangely like heroes,
then sat together looking east
as rosy-fingered dawn unfurled...
her rosy fingers.

we sat without judgment,
but also without understanding.

I know, I know,
what were you doing in a cave
by the sea?



Audio: https://soundcloud.com/mbonica/gorgon

No comments:

Post a Comment